Would you like to sell on the Facebook platform? Well, even if you are not into Social Media, you will probably need Facebook to boost your sales. Zuckerberg and his friends launched Facebook in 2004 a platform for a small university community. They did not know that Facebook would have become the most used Social Media platform on the planet. As a matter of fact, Facebook currently has, worldwide, 2.80 billion monthly users. The age range is quite various and extensive on Facebook, you can find teenagers as well as grandparents that use the American platform.
Therefore it allows you to have the opportunity to show your goods to many and different people. Over the years, it also has acquired Instagram and Whatsapp, so Facebook has a predominant position in the Social Media environment because as we mentioned you can run ads on Instagram through Facebook. Facebook made $84 billion in ads in 2020, 21% more than in 2019 and 200 million small businesses use Facebook to generate money.
What are the benefits to sell on Facebook?
- It is free to join Facebook and you do not pay any membership.
- There is the possibility to reach 2.80 billion people to sell goods.
- Facebook can be used for Instagram and Whatsapp as well.
- Nearly 60% of Social Media users come from Facebook.
- 98% of its users access using the app.
- 78% of American users discovered products using Facebook.
- Personalized customer experience.
Things you need before starting the enrollment process:
- Have detailed product information, size, weight, and SKU numbers for the products that you desire to sell on the Facebook platform.
- The description of the item must match the image.
- Before-and-after pictures are prohibited.
- Orders must be shipped within 3 days and received within 7 days.
Things to consider when you sell on Facebook platform:
There are three different ways to sell on Facebook:
- Marketplace – It is not a place where you can directly buy and sell the goods. You can see the products and be in touch with the seller to make the payment
- Shops – It is an opportunity only for the US. You can create a shop to sell directly from your Facebook store. And your Call To Action (CTA) button can be connected to your eCommerce website. It could also be linked to your Amazon shop or Shopify store.
- Groups – You can sell your goods but it is not your store. Each listing needs to be managed separately so it is going to take you some time. However, if a group has the option Buy and Sell you can start your listings.
What can I sell on Facebook?
Facebook uses a system of categories that allows you to sell several types of items. As Facebook and Instagram are part of the same group and they follow the same rules, the products that you can sell on Facebook are the ones that we mention in the Instagram blog post. Therefore you can sell physical goods on Facebook but you need to read its terms and conditions because some products are excluded.
Running ads on Facebook platform
Facebook also offers the opportunity to run ads on its platform across different placements. It is possible to use both images and videos and you can let the Facebook algorithm run the ads automatically. In this way, you will have more chances to pay the lowest available cost. So, the ads on Facebook work on an auction system.
Seen how many people use Facebook, this is a very good way to push your items across the Social Media platform. People will start to talk about your products and they will share your posts on Facebook
Cost of the ads on Facebook
The cost of the ads on Facebook can be volatile depending on the seasonality. Surely some markets can be more convenient than others. The Q4 tends to be more expensive, probably because there is a lot of competition among sellers during Black Friday. The CPC range is normally between 0.50$ and 2$, however, finance and insurance industries can have higher costs.
How to save money on Facebook Ads
As we said, the ads on Facebook work like an auction therefore the better you make your ads and the more chances you will have to reach the right people who want to purchase your goods.
You carefully need to look at your target audience, objective, competition, and placements. Different placements can have more or less expensive costs. The Facebook learning machine will help you to minimize the costs because it will choose the most convenient spots for your ads.
You can also cap your bid if you want to be sure that you will not spend more than a certain amount on your Facebook ads.
It is important to run split tests in order to recognize the best-performing ads. In this way, you can improve your ads and, in the meantime, you will reduce the cost of the ads.
Other useful information about Facebook platform
- If you prepare the ads on Facebook, then it could be beneficial to use them on Instagram as well.
- If you want to sell on Facebook you need to have a Facebook business page.
- Generate contents that can be engaging. You do not want your customers to think that you only care about sales.
- Facebook Marketplace does not allow to sync with all e-commerce platforms. However, you can sync with some of our partners like Bigcommerce and Shopify.
Why selling on Facebook with Koongo is beneficial?
Koongo can help you if you sell your products on the Facebook marketplace.
We are connected to your Facebook shopping using a simple CSV product feed.
In this way, Koongo is able to upload merchant products from your store to your Facebook catalog and update the stock information on a regular basis. Therefore in this way you do not risk being out of stock and the information is always updated with an unbeatable update frequency.
As you may know, Koongo is offering full support for more than 500 marketplaces and selling channels worldwide, including Facebook. You won’t regret giving Koongo a chance. It fully supports any existing platform from Shopify, Magento, Prestashop, CCV Shop to any 3rd party Custom Platform. You just need to sign up to check how Koongo is capable to boost your sales. There’s no risk associated, 30 days Free Trial period is available.Continue reading →