If you want to sell on Rakuten France you need to know that it is part of the Rakuten Group which is a global innovation company, among the top100 most influential companies in the world. Rakuten Group provides over 80 services with the support of its 25000 employees, producing $172Bn GTV with €11Bn revenue. The Group also receives over $15Bn thanks to loyalty programs across the over 30 countries where it operates.
Rakuten partnered with PriceMinister.com over 10 years ago. The French online channel had then a massive benefit of this partnership growing a lot in the French e-commerce market. The Rakuten and PriceMinister numbers increased a lot with an acceleration of the orders and the brand name changed into Rakuten France since 2018
What are the benefits to sell on Rakuten France?
Rakuten France is now Rakuten’s third-largest market, after Japan and United States, and also one of the leading e-commerce platforms in France. Therefore there is plenty of opportunities to do business in Rakuten France.
Moreover, Rakuten partners with local brands to promote French culture and more than 40 million French people buy from Rakuten France every year.
Rakuten France is also the first buying and selling platform between private consumers for cultural second-hand products
Furthermore, Rakuten is a brand with a wide range of services, from e-commerce to media, digital content, fintech so you will be very well supported. There are more than 50 million ads available today on Rakuten France.
Moreover, Rakuten France has a wide experience with the circular economy with 66% of the sales coming from the circular economy and 60% of its baskets contain at least 1 second-hand product.
Lastly, Rakuten has strong values and it supports communities and society. Also during the pandemic crisis, Rakuten France helped in a variety of innovative ways physical store owners, retailers, and customers.
Things to do in order to sell on Rakuten France
So, if you like what you have read so far and you want to sell on Rakuten France you need to:
- Create a professional account
- Activate your Rakuten E-shop
- Upload the products
- Activate the payments
What can I sell on Rakuten France?
Rakuten allows you to sell a wide range of items on its platform. You can sell everything from pet, home, and car accessories to electronic, beauty products, clothing, and also office items.
Fees on Rakuten France
If you desire to sell on Rakuten France you are subject to fees. There are three different types of fees for a seller on Rakuten France:
- Individual listing fee starting at €0.15 for each item
- Monthly account fee from €39 per month
- Category-based fee. Depending on the type of item you sell you have a commission fee between the 6% and 12%.
Hence it is very important to read carefully what you might have to pay before starting a cooperation with the giant Rakuten.
Enjoy 3 months of FREE monthly fees
Rakuten France offers 3 months of FREE monthly fees for the classic package for new merchants. Just contact us at email@example.com and we’ll redirect you to the Rakuten France representative.
Why selling on Rakuten with Koongo is beneficial?
Koongo works with 3 branches of the Rakuten group: Rakuten, Rakuten Marketing and Rakuten France. Therefore, Koongo can help you if you sell your products on the Rakuten marketplaces.
Koongo connects your store to the Rakuten France marketplace using a simple CSV product feed. So, in this way, you can upload your products from your store to your Rakuten catalog and update the stock information on a regular basis. Therefore, you do not risk being out of stock on the marketplace and the information is always updated with an unbeatable update frequency.
Koongo’s Advanced Features
- Advanced filtering features: You can filter almost everything to export only what is needed. From product attributes to specific keywords. Also, with Koongo, all your attribute data can be used for advanced filtering purposes
- Category mapping features: You can map your existing categories with the ones provided by the Rakuten France marketplace
- Transformation features: You also can edit and transform all your catalog attribute information and data thanks to Koongo in-built transformation tools; the currency conversion and exchange rate tool, the extended conditional tools, the advanced attribute edition, and the use of regular expressions to perform a product price uplift or attribute edition automatically will definitely improve your data feed quality
- The API connection keeps all your catalog information updated and the product prices will be customized. It also manages the orders automatically and effortlessly from your Store or Koongo platforms.
As you may know, Koongo is offering full support for more than 500 marketplaces and selling channels worldwide, including Rakuten. Therefore you won’t regret giving Koongo a chance. It fully supports any existing platform from Shopify, Magento, Prestashop, CCV Shop, Woocommerce, BigCommerce, Lightspeed, and more to any 3rd party Custom Platform. You only need to sign up to check how Koongo is capable to boost your sales. There’s no risk associated if you work with Koongo because a 30 days Free Trial period is available.
For more details, you may check the Rakuten integration manual or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to help you with your Rakuten integration.Continue reading →