Let’s face it: Product exchanges are unavoidable for ecommerce retailers and won’t be going away anytime soon. So, to keep customers coming back, it’s important to provide a smooth exchange process, and that requires a strong Shopify exchange management system.
However, most Shopify owners face a problem: Shopify lacks an automatic built-in exchange process system. A quick Google search reveals that there are hundreds of options in the Shopify marketplace to address this issue. It goes without saying though, that not all of these tools are built similarly.
We’ve got you covered when it comes to finding the best exchange solution. This list of the top 5 exchange management apps was compiled by analyzing the app store rating, user reviews, the app’s top features, and other subjective parameters.
We hope this information helps you in your search for the best exchange solution for your store.
- Helplama Helpdesk
- Returngo – Return & Exchange Portal
- Happy Returns
- AfterShip Returns Center
- Loop Returns
5 Best Shopify Exchange Management Apps to Consider
To make things easier, we’ve compiled a list of popular Shopify solutions that can help you with exchange management for your store.
Unlike many solutions on this list, Helplama Helpdesk is not designed specifically for exchange management. It is an all-in-one solution for all your Shopify requirements and challenges. Helplama Helpdesk’s excellent order management and ecommerce automation features can be extremely valuable for optimizing your exchange process.
For example, Helplama’s automated self-service return portal allows your customers to select the items they want to return or exchange and automatically place a return order. At the same time, it can be integrated with other marketing tools/e-commerce platforms that you already use in your business.
The real value of Helplama Helpdesk comes from its extensive customer support features, combined with inexpensive pricing plans. It is a multi-channel help desk designed for ecommerce teams of various sizes.
- Helplama Helpdesk includes a variety of ecommerce automation features to help reduce manual repetitive tasks.
- With a single click, your customers can easily download return labels.
- Helplama Helpdesk is also one of the few helpdesks that includes an automated training module for training and testing your team members.
- The helpdesk will monitor customer orders around the clock to ensure that none are delayed while being fulfilled or in transit. This includes automatic alerts as well.
App Link: https://helpdesk.helplama.com/home/
Returngo – Return & Exchange Portal (Overall ratings: 4/5⭐, 207 reviews)
Returngo – Return & Exchange Portal is a comprehensive solution for automating your Shopify exchange process, with customizable workflows that can automate tasks like printing shipping labels, tracking exchange shipments, and more.
The best part about the Returngo – Return & Exchange Portal app is that you can create a customizable return portal to make returning products easier for your customers. You can also configure custom return rules and statuses, send automated emails to customers, and track exchanges, returns, and refunds.
The tool is designed to encourage product exchanges or store credit rather than refunds and returns. This is possible with a store credit solution that is directly integrated into your store.
- Set up a branded self-service return portal so your customers can manage and track the status of their exchange requests easily.
- As part of your store’s policy, create custom rules, eligibility conditions, resolutions, and exchange reasons.
- The app includes a Return Score AI algorithm that generates a variety of alternatives to refunds for your customers to choose from.
- The app includes a dedicated support team that is always available to assist you in configuring your portal and optimizing your exchange management process.
App Link: https://apps.shopify.com/returngo
Happy Returns (Overall ratings: 4/5⭐, 9 reviews)
Happy Returns is a post-purchase experience platform that aims to improve multiple aspects of a store’s post-purchase process, including exchange management. One of the best features of Happy Returns is the one-click exchanges feature, which automatically promotes an exchange suggestion to your customers based on the return reason and inventory level.
Happy Returns also provides a customizable return portal with confirmation messages, a wide range of policy rules, and automations to help you with your exchange process. Finally, Happy Returns ensures that all transactions are recorded in real time in your Shopify account and the Happy Returns dashboard.
- Happy Returns includes robust tracking and reporting features that enable you to easily track inventory, manage exchanges, monitor status, and more.
- Custom exchange/return windows and policy rules for specific items, promotions, holidays, or final sale can be easily set up.
- Create a simple international exchange experience with multiple languages, preferred carrier based on location, and so on.
- The app provides you with access to over 4000 in-person drop-off Return Bar locations across the United States where your customers can drop off their items label free.
App Link: https://apps.shopify.com/happyreturns
AfterShip Returns Center (Overall ratings: 4.6/5⭐, 1807 reviews)
AfterShip Returns Center is a well-known platform that provides everything you could want in an exchange management solution, as well as a few novel features. The platform includes standard exchange management features like branded exchange portals, on-demand shipping labels and QR codes for customers, and rules for automating your exchange process.
You’ll also discover that the AfterShip Returns Center includes sufficient tools to manage not only exchanges, but also your entire returns system. The app allows you to efficiently manage all of your exchange requests, send out branded communications, integrate with popular carriers, and more.
Another appealing feature of AfterShip is its detailed reporting, which is intended to provide insights into your exchange process as well as the customer’s experience with your products.
- Your customers can use the app to automatically select an exchange method with set shipping rates based on their country, region, product type, tag, resolution, and reason.
- Make your customers’ exchanges easier by auto-generating or manually uploading prepaid labels.
- Set up branded notifications quickly and easily to keep customers engaged with seamless post-purchase updates.
- The app reduces manual tasks by automatically updating the exchange status of orders based on predefined rules.
App Link: https://apps.shopify.com/returns-center-by-aftership
Loop Returns (Overall ratings: 4.5/5⭐, 15 reviews)
Loop Returns is a comprehensive exchange/return fulfillment platform that can manage exchanges for your Shopify store. The main reason this solution stood out in a sea of exchange management solutions is that it takes a hands-off approach to managing exchanges.
Loop Returns provides a bunch of fulfillment features, including the ability to set up a branded portal to handle exchange/return requests, automation rules/triggers, return label generation, email notifications, and more.
All of this is packed into a return and exchange application that can be tailored to your company’s rules and policies. So, if you’re looking for an all-in-one solution for exchange and returns management, Loop Returns is a great option to consider.
- Set up a branded portal that handles exchanges and returns automatically, as Loop returns automatically enforces your custom policy rules.
- The platform’s automation features enable your customer support team to manage exchanges at scale while remaining confident that exchanges are processing in the background with ease.
- The app also includes unique features like an advanced reporting suite, adjustable handling fee, configurable return windows, smarter discount accommodation, and so on.
- Loop seamlessly connects your Shopify store to the physical world, allowing your customers to return products to warehouses, vendors, donation centers, and repair centers.
App Link: https://apps.shopify.com/loop-returns
That concludes our list of the best Shopify exchange management solutions. As previously stated, not all of these tools are built similarly, so we recommend that you try each one to get a feel for how these tools work. Overall, if you’re looking to up your e-commerce game by incorporating a reliable exchange system, any of the apps mentioned above will do the trick.
We do recommend that you go through these apps with your needs, the volume of returns, current challenges, size of your business, and current returns management needs in mind and see which solution best fits your store.Continue reading →